Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DELICIOUS HOT HOMEMADE BUNS BREAD RECIPE

DELICIOUS HOT HOMEMADE BUNS



I love making homemade bread and after experimenting over and over with many different types of bread recipes, I was glad to have finally find the perfect recipe. Since I've found my perfect homemade bread recipe, this time I decided to try to make homemade buns instead of bread, since we all like the yummy crust and there never seems to be enough. This way everyone gets their own bun. Oh my, did they came out delicious or what? And you know what my kids said? "Mommy when are you making more? These are so yummy!" That's it... from now on I'm making these hot homemade buns every chance I get instead of bread. They're way too good not to.

Here's my recipe that I have come to love. It's simple and easy and fast.

5 cups of flour
2 cups warm water
2 1/2 tablespoons lard
2 tablespoons yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt

I cheat a little and use my bread maker for mixing the dough. In the bread maker, I add the flour, salt, lard and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Aside in a measuring cup I warm up half a cup of water and add the yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar and let it grow. Once the yeast grows to about 1 cup line of the measuring cup, I add it to the flour mixture in the bread maker. Then I add the remaining 1 1/2 cup of warm water and put the bread maker on the "dough" setting. Once the dough is formed into a ball I let it rise inside the bread maker or take out and put into a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel to let rise while I make another batch. In the mean time I prepare my baking pan/sheet and line it with aluminum foil and grease it with oil. Once the dough rises, I punch it down and mix it up a bit. Then I break small amounts of dough and form it into small buns. At this point I make an egg wash mixture and brush the buns with it. Then I add sesame and poppy seeds and throw it in a hot oven and let it bake at 375 F until golden brown (20-30 min).




Truly the BEST homemade buns ever! You can eat them hot, with butter, as a sandwich or burger, or whatever suits your taste! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment