Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mini Miniature Apple Strudel Crumb Pie

MINI MINIATURE APPLE STRUDEL PIE
A Sweet Twist To Thanksgiving Apple Pie

My one and only lovely sister came up with the most amazing and delicious miniature apple strudel crumb pies! This recipe is so simple and easy to make and yet so mouth watering that there just never seems to be enough of. Since I always buy apples and always have them around for my kids or I to munch on, I decided to make this recipe as well. I made the recipe simply by taste, but next time I make it I'll try to make sure I measure the ingredients. My sister made hers extra sweet by adding more caramel, I made mines just a bit less sweeter than hers. I love desserts don't get me wrong, but not too sweet where I can't take more than one bite, if you know what I mean. This is a great and quick dessert that you can make for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and any other Holiday! Or just because :) 



I will be making these sweet mini miniature apple strudel crumb pies and other amazing recipes that I'm so excited to make and share with loved ones for Thanksgiving!

Mini Miniature Apple Strudel Pie Recipe

For the Filling:
Apples (Red, Gala, Granny Smith)
White sugar
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Crumb Topping
Flour
Butter
White Sugar
Pecan nuts or other nuts (optional)

Pie Crust
Caramel Topping
Powdered Sugar
Coconut oil for coating the pan

Mix Filling ingredients on the stove top in a pan until nice and soft. Sweeten after your liking. You can add more or less. When done let it cool. In the mean time, prepare the mini cupcake muffin pan by brushing a coat of coconut oil to each mold. Then take a pie crust sheet, roll it with a rolling pin and cut into small squares (about 2"). Place the squares of pie crust into the mini cupcake pan and fill each pie crust with the apple filling mixture. Next, mix flour, butter, sugar and nuts until you get a nice soft crumbled consistency. Add the crumb topping to the apple pies. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Take out of the oven, drizzle some caramel topping to each miniature apple pie and finish off  by sprinkling some powdered sugar on top of each pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment